New generation of multilayer PPR pipes with fibreglass
New multilayer FV Plast FASER pipes use the latesttechnology in plastics – fibreglass reinforcement.
Key characteristics of FV Plast FASER pipes:
• They are welded as normal PPR – exterior layers do not have to be removed prior to welding
• Increased range of working temperatures – shape retention in the range of 0-90°C
• More than 50 years of durability in 10bar and 70°C
• Increased stability (larger distances between bearings)
• Low thermal expansion (α= 0.05)
(compare: αppr= 0.15)
Multilayer FASER pipes consist of three layers. External and internal layers are of conventional PPR and between them there is a layer combined of polypropylene and fibreglass. This layer provides a FASER pipe with high bending stiffness and low thermal dilatation – thereby allowing for a reduction of the number of bearings in the system implementation.
Recommended maximum operating parameters for areas of application of FASER pipes (according to ČSN EN ISO 15874):
- Cold water distribution systems: long-term load in temperature of up to 20°C and working pressure of up to 20bar
- Hot water distribution systems: long-term load in temperature of up to 70°C and working pressure of up to 10bar
- Heating distribution systems: long-term load in temperature of up to 70°C and working pressure of up to 6bar (according to ČSN EN 12828)